Their natural swimming ability is encouraged through structured activities and play
- Tuition for children from around 2-4 years old.
- Small classes of no more than 3 pupils.
- Our toddlers learn to swim using our proven step-by-step method.
- Complementary activities are introduced along with games to encourage water confidence.
- Basic introduction to front crawl and backstroke.
A more physiological approach may be necessary when teaching an older child
- Tuition for children from around 4 years old.
- Classes of up to 6 pupils depending on ability.
- Once confident in the water, the 4 strokes are further developed.
- The correct starts and turns are introduced in preparation for more advanced levels of swimming.
level 9 & level 10 junior swim squad
A more technical and disciplined approach is required for the more advanced swimmer
- Training for children from around 6 years old.
- Once the four strokes have been mastered in Level 9, pupils are introduced to our Level 10 junior swim squad. These classes are designed to develop pre-competitive skills preparing them for entry to club swimming. All junior swim squad pupils must be members. Level 9 sessions are 45 minutes and Level 10 junior swim squad sessions run for 60 minutes. These classes are structured to benefit the individuals within a group, however teamwork and camaraderie are also encouraged.
- Our pupils are also encouraged to feel part of a team for social enjoyment as well as for the exercise benefits.